First Date Safety
Whilst staying safe whilst dating is mostly an issue for women, for men, the threats are just as real but more about hurting your wealth than your phsical wellbeing. We've detailed these under our section on dating scams.
But it makes sense to follow our guidelines whether you're a man or woman. Absolutely and positively number one in any list:
- If something seems too good to be true, it almost certainly is. So, beware.
- Always tell someone:
- Where you are going
- The name of the person you are meeting
- When you expect to be back
- Always take a mobile phone with you; always keep it on your person.
- Always arrange to meet in a public, well-lit, well-frequented place. If you arrive at your arranged meeting place and it doesn't fulfil these criteria, don't be afraid to back out; you can explain later.